Selasa, 03 November 2009

Conditional Sentences !!!!!

Okay.. kali ini topik bahasan kita adalah tentang Conditional Sentence (Kalimat Pengandaian)
Ada 3 jenis Conditional Sentence yang dibagi berasarkan arti dari kata IF tersebut.

1. True in the present/future (Benar di saat sekarang atau masa mendatang)
  • Verb form in the "If Clause" --> Simple Present
  • Verb form in the "Result Clause" --> Simple Present/Simple Future
  • Ex : If I have enough time, I write to my girlfriend everyday. If I have enough time tomorrow, I will write to my girlfriend.
2. Untrue in the present/future (Tidak benar/ berlawanan dengan kenyataan di saat sekarang atau masa mendatang)
  • Verb form in the "If Clause" --> Simple Past
  • Verb form in the "Result Clause" --> Would + Simple Form
  • Ex : If I had enough time now, I would write to my parents yesterday (In truth, I do not have enough time, so I will not write to them)


3. Untrue in the past (Tidak benar/berlawanan dengan kenyataan di masa lalu)

  • Verb form in the "If Clause" --> Past Perfect
  • Verb form in the "Result Clause" --> Would have + Past Participle
  • Ex : If I had had enough time, I would have written to my parents yesterday (In truth, I did not have enough time, so I did not write to them)
CONTOH SOAL

1. If I (have) _______ enough money, I will go with you.
Answer : If I have enough money, I will go with you.
Fact : Maybe I have enough money.

2. If I (have) _______ enough money, I would go with you.
Answer : If I had enough money, I would go with you.
Fact : I do not have enough money, so I can't go with you.

3. If I (have) _______ enough money, I would have gone with you.
Answer : If I had had enough money, I would have gone with you.
Fact : I did not have enough money, so I did not go with you.

4. Jack would shave today if he (have) _____ a sharp razor.
Answer : Jack would shave today if he had a sharp razor.
Fact : He doesn't have a sharp razor.

5. If Sally (be) ____ at home tomorrow, I am going to visit her.
Answer : If Sally is at home tomorrow, I am going to visit her.
Fact : Saly maybe at home.

6. Sally would answer the phone if she (be) _______ in her office.
Answer : Sally would answer the phone if she have been in her office.
Fact : Sally did not in her office.

7. If the weather is nice tomorrow, we (go) ______ to the zoo.
Answer : If the weather is nice tomorrow, we will to the zoo.
Fact : We don't know about the weather tomorrow.

8.
If the weather were nice tomorrow, we (go) ______ to the zoo.
Answer : If the weather were nice tomorrow, we would go to the zoo.
Fact : The weather isn't nice, so we don't go to the zoo

9.
If the weather had been nice tomorrow, we (go) ______ to the zoo.
Answer : If the weather had been nice tomorrow, we would have went to the zoo.
Fact : The weather did not nice, so we did not go to the zoo.

10. Jack will shave today if he (have) _______ a sharp razor.
Answer :
Jack will shave today if he had a sharp razor.
Fact : Jack doesn't have a sharp razor.

Okay... itu semua tentang Conditional Sentence... Semoga bermanfaat....






2 komentar: